1. Put mussels into colander and run under cold water. Tap each one on the side of the sink, if it closes or remains closed it’s good. Throw away any that remain open. Cover in cold damp cloth until ready to cook.
2. Prepare and peel the prawns if shelled, removing gritty entrails down the backs.
3. Put the saffron in a mug and cover with 50ml of boiling water. Set aside.
4. In a paella pan or large frying pan, warm the oil on medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft for 5 mins. Add the garlic and paprika then cook for 1 minute longer.
5. Add the spaghetti, cook for 5 mins until almost toasted. Next, add the hake and squid then pour over the saffron water.
6. Arrange the ingredients in one even layer then pour over the hot fish stock and scatter the tomatoes over the top.
7. Bring to a simmer, cover with a lid or foil and cook for 5 mins. Next, uncover and gently stir to incorporate the dry pasta at the top.
8. Add the mussels, pushing the hinges into the pasta and then arrange the prawns on top. Cover tightly and cook for a further 6 mins – until the mussels have opened, the prawns are pink and the pasta is cooked through.
9. Leave to simmer uncovered for 2 mins then let sit for a further 2 mins. Squeeze over the lemon juice, add the lemon wedges on top and scatter with parsley. Serve and enjoy 🥘✨🥘✨🥘