Vegan Ground “Beef” Tacos 🌮
1. Add mushrooms, walnuts, and tempeh to a food processor and pulse a few times until a chunky crumbled texture is achieved. DO NOT over pulse.
2. Heat water or 1 tsp EVOO in a large cast iron skillet over medium low heat. Sauté onion and garlic until tender. Add in taco seasoning and sauté for another 30 seconds.
3. Add in walnut mixture and stir to combine. Add about half the water or broth, coconut aminos, and tomato paste. Sauté for 7-8 minutes, adding a little more water if needed to prevent sticking. Season to taste and adjust for desired spice.
4. While taco “meat” is cooking, warm your taco shells and beans, and prep remaining ingredients.
5. Assemble and enjoy with hot sauce and a spicy margarita!